Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese art and science that was developed centuries ago. It teaches how to balance the energies of any place and invite happiness, health and fortune to that space.
Feng means wind and shui means water. In Chinese culture, wind and water are associated with good health, thus good feng shui came to mean good fortune, while bad feng shui means bad luck, or misfortune.
Here are 5 feng shui tips that will be helpful to you:
- Keep your space clutter free: Get rid of everything that is lying useless in your house. Unused stuff in your house will disturb the flow of energy. Once your house is clutter free, harmonious and positive feng shui energy will flow and make way for good health, happiness and harmony.
- Let in fresh air and sunlight: Open the windows and doors of your home often to let in fresh natural air. Include indoor plants and air purifiers to make the air fresher and refreshing. Allowing sunlight into your house makes the house bright thus inviting positive energies inside the house.
- Mend and fix all things that’s broken: Feng Shui energy gets disturbed when things around the house are broken or needs fixation of any sort. Be it drains that log, doors that don’t open seamlessly or the drawers that are jammed, get everything fixed and create energy flow all around the house.
- Include fountains in your home décor: Flowing water is said to bring wealth. Therefore fountain inside the house is indeed a good idea. Fountains are known to be natural ionizers, meaning they diffuse negative ions in the air when used indoors.
- Hang a pleasant-sounding wind chime:The sound of a metal wind chime hung in the right-front area of your home, office, or bedroom will invite peace and happiness. It is said to make more people help you and stand by your side.
Wind chimes, laughing Buddha, lucky coins, crystals, luck frog and turtle are some of the Feng Shui charms that are commonly used to invite positive energies into the space. Basically originating from China, this science and art is being practiced by people all across the globe and benefiting from it.